Growth Mindset: Always Impossible

Two Quotes that really stood out to me from past students:

"Whatever you're meant to do, DO IT NOW. The conditions are always impossible."



  • This quote really spoke to me because I can get really run down with all of the things on my plate. Sometimes it feels like it is never the right time to try anything new or do anything more
  • I like this idea that it will never be the "right" time to do anything, that's certainly been true throughout my time in college. There's always a new test or project or obstacle and it is so important not to get so stuck in the rut of the day to day that you forget all the incredible things you set out to do
  • The conditions always being impossible sounds like a bad thing but it's actually so good! If there is never a right time than there is always a right time!


"My biggest challenge when it comes to learning new things is how others perceive me."

  • This is another quote that really felt applicable to me. In my main leadership position on campus I work with 330 women. And It's impossible to not worry how you're coming across
  • I think it can be difficult to put yourself out there in front of that many people when you're still learning and figuring things out yourself
  • I do something new and humiliating literally every sunday when we have our weekly meeting
  • But it is so important to not let your fear of dissapointing people or public humliation keep you from trying solutions you think will be best or new things that you think might catch on

Comments

Popular Posts