Famous Last Words: Week 11

This week I am FINALLY back on track (praise The Lord) !!!! After completing this assignment I will have an A in the class which has been my goal all semester, woohoo! I will keep trying to do some extra credit assignments so that I can be done before Dead Week - probably over Thanksgiving since I'll have a lot of time then  - but this is definitely a step in the right direction since I have been behind for a few weeks now.

In other exciting news, I published another creative writing story this week! I have been dreading that portion of the class every week but finally bowed up and did it! It's not awesome but it's up there, baby! I also updated my Project and it is hopefully better now. I've definitely struggled with that portion of the class - making it too long and too short and too just not right at all. So that's definitely something I'm going to continue to focus on going forward since it's still not where I want it to be!

I've really enjoyed the native american unit this week although I think it's really revealed a Greek bias in my reading preferences because I just kept thinking how strange all the stories were. Mostly I didn't think people were sufficiently freaked out by everyone sleeping with animals - like was that common back then or something? But then I was reading someone else's story about a greek myth and remembered all the times that Zeus disguised himself as a cow or something to seduce someone, so it's clearly not just a native american thing. Strongly considering redoing my project as a research project about beastality and how freakishly into it all of these people seem to be.

As for my other classes, it's definitely gotten to the point of the year where it is time to start freaking out. Balancing my school work, my law school applications and trying to maintain some semblance of a social life is definitely one of the more difficult things I've ever done but man the rewards have been worth it. Blessed to have the greatest friends and support system at the greatest University in the world. Also blessed to hopefully not fail out of the greatest University in the world but we'll see what happens. Hope everyone has a great week! WE CAN DO IT! 

Comments

Popular Posts